When it comes to our top pick of the best smoke detector for the hearing impaired, we believe it’s the Kidde Fyrnetics model. This device provides instant results, using its flashing strobe light, and can warn you of a heat, smoke or CO hazard.
The Short Version
First Alert Smoke Detector
No products found.
Our top budget-friendly option is the First Alert Smoke Detector. This model comes in a sleek, elegant design, and offers very reliable smoke detection capabilities. Additionally, it’s pretty simple to use and comes with an extended battery life of up to 8-9 years.
Warranty: This smoke detector offers a 10-year warranty.
Setup: Additionally, it’s pretty easy to use as well as install into your home.
Loud: Lastly, this model is quite loud with its 85-decibel alarm.
Light: This smoke detector doesn’t include a light.
No products found.
The Gentex 7139LS smoke detector is made in the USA and comes with a very loud sounding alarm, as well as a bright strobe light. In addition, you can also choose between hardwiring it, or running it on battery power.
Hardwired & Battery: You can use this smoke detector as a battery-operated device, hardwired or even both for added convenience.
Simple: This model is also pretty easy to install and operate.
Visual and Audio: Also, the Gentex smoke detector emits both a loud alarm as well as an ultra-bright strobe light in order to alert you.
Price: This model is a little expensive.
- Provides a bright visual signal to warn of a smoke heat or CO hazard.Temperature Range: 32˚F to 120˚F (0˚C to 49˚C)
- Benefits the hearing impaired allowing a visual alert of a danger
- Includes a tamper resist pin that helps to deter theft and tampering
- Quick connect power harness makes installation fast and easy. Make certain all devices are wired to a single, continuous (non-switched) power line, which is not protected by a ground fault interrupter. A maximum of 1000 ft. of wire can be used in the interconnect system
- Kidde’s strobe lights meet the requirements of Underwriters Laboratories (UL), an independent facility that tests products for compliance with widely-accepted safety standards
Last update on 2021-05-17 at 17:29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The top model today is the Kidde Fyrnetics. This smoke detector provides a bright visual alarm when detecting smoke or CO, and it can even support another 24 Kiddle devices in a circuit.
Compatible: This device can support up to another 24 Kidde devices simultaneously.
Lights: The Kidde smoke detector emits a bright visual light when detecting rising levels of CO and extreme temperature changes.
Home: This product can keep a check on the whole house.
Simple: Lastly, the hardwired smoke detector is both easy to use and simple to install.
No cons found.
- 10-Year Battery & 10-Year Sensor: This smoke and carbon monoxide alarm provides 10 years of continuous power with a built-in lithium battery, saving on energy while remaining eco-friendly; saves you from constantly having to change batteries; an end-of-life signal will let you know when it's time to replace the unit for safety
- Practical LCD Display: Clearly indicates real-time carbon monoxide (CO) concentration in the surrounding air, as well as the remaining battery life and working status of the alarm; if a CO concentration of 30-999 ppm exists for a certain time period, the screen will be backlit blue, and the LED indicator will flash red 4 times every 5.8 seconds
- 2-in-1 Accurate, Reliable & Highly Sensitive Alarm: Equipped with both photoelectric smoke sensor and electrochemical CO sensor that work independently of each other; every second counts; detects both fast and slow-burning fires, and instantly notifies you when dangerous smoke or CO concentration is detected while minimizing false alarms; provides the ultimate protection from 2 deadly threats, all contained in 1 unit
- Simple to Use: Test/Silence button enables you to test the alarm weekly, and to easily silence the alarm when false alarms occur; malfunction and low battery warnings allow you to easily know the working status of the alarm; in case of an emergency, an alarm tone of over 85 dB will sound throughout your entire home, instantly alerting the entire household, even those in sleep
- Quick & Easy Installation with Guaranteed Quality: Requires no rewiring; easy to mount on any wall or ceiling with the included mounting bracket, screws and anchor plugs; certified to meet the UL 217 & UL 2034 safety standards for your peace of mind and absolute confidence in our product
Last update on 2021-05-17 at 12:37 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The X-sense detector comes with impressive 10-year battery life and simple, easy-to-read LCD display screen. In addition, it also avoids any type of false alarms and operates by shining a bright visual alarm when detecting high smoke or CO levels.
Warranty: This model offers an impressive 10-year warranty.
Install: Additionally, the smoke alarm is also pretty easy to use and install as well.
Efficient: Lastly, the detector itself is very reliable and efficient.
Light: The light is not as bright as on the other models.
BRK 7010 BSL
No products found.
The photoelectric BRK 7010 BSL smoke detector offers a very bright strobe light in order to alert you, as well as an auditory alarm as well. You can either hardwire it or run it on battery power.
Loud: The smoke detector will sound a loud alarm when detecting any changes, or shine its ultra-bright strobe light.
Setup: Lastly, it’s also easy to use and install as well.
No cons found.
First Alert SLED177
- Powerful 177 candela LED Strobe Light provides visual warning for hearing impaired residents
- Trouble signal Synchronization - When multiple units are installed, strobes flash in unison
- Slim design - Attractive low profile design mounts easily on ceiling or wall
- Meets UL Standards and requirements of the Americans with disabilities Act
- 120Vac hardwired, "quick-connect" Wiring for easy installation
Last update on 2021-04-28 at 10:51 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The First Alert SLED177 smoke detector comes with a powerful LED light in order to alert the user, as well as having the ability to differentiate between heat, smoke, or CO dangers. The device is also simple to install and offers flexible compatibility.
Check: The First Alert SLED177 smoke detector can keep a check on the entire house.
Install: The model is also compatible, and easy to install.
Strobe Light: The light itself is powerful and efficient.
Battery: The battery backup option isn’t too reliable.