There are smart cameras out there that have the power to record continuous footage, otherwise known as continuous video recording or CVR.
Giving you the ability to rewind the video footage back to any point you wish to check on something or to make sure you aren’t missing anything important while you’re away.
CVR can be offered as a separate subscription since it requires a large number of resources, or it can already come included with the camera itself such as with Wyze Cam via an SD card.
Here we’ve put together a list of the best options to choose from.
YI Home 3
CVR Type: Local & Cloud
YI Home offers both local storage via SD card and Cloud CVR.
With the cloud option, you can access the continuous recording function through a premium subscription which cost is mainly based on the amount of footage history you wish to have.
So basically you can choose from a 7-day plan which costs $19.99 per quarter, 14 days amount to $9.99 per month or a 30-day plan which is $19.99 monthly.
All in all, this may make YI Home 3 the best option since it features both local and cloud storage so you’ll always have a back up when you need it.
- Optional 24/7 Emergency Response Service - YI’s motion alerts and live video feeds are now equipped with the option to instantly involve Noonlight’s Certified Emergency Dispatchers, who coordinate with police, fire, and EMS agencies on customers’ behalf to ensure the situation is promptly handled.
- YI Technology: protect your family and home with value adding home security solutions from YI that millions of families, house and pet owners already trust today. The YI home camera 3 is a AI security camera with human detection and abnormal sound detection, 1080P Full HD resolution, 107 Degree wide angle, two way audio, magnetic base and upgraded night vision. Support 2. 4G WiFi only.
- Adjustable Alert Frequency: AI powered human detected alert or motion detected alerts can be set by sensitivity levels from high to low. YI cloud service with graphic retrieval and timeline control for quick video review, ensures that footage is stored safely and remains accessible even if your Micro SD card has a failure (Micro SD card not included).
- Customized Stand-by Control: schedule on and off time of your camera for each day of your week. Turn off the blue status light or set a pin to lock your house camera. You can set to receive video and photo footage with your activity alerts.
- YI Home App - Acess your camera with our mobile APP anytime and anywhere, more flexible with Home/Away mode. Allows sharing your camera with up to 5 family members or friends, and view multiple cameras on a single account. 9 live feeds on pc app is available now.
Last update on 2023-09-17 at 00:52 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Arlo Pro 2
CVR Type: Local & Cloud
Arlo Pro 2 offers two CVR plans to choose from allowing you to opt for 14 or 30 days of storage.
The 14-day plan comes to $11.99 monthly per camera, while the 30-day plan amounts to $23.99 per month per camera.
Note that the Arlo Pro 2 needs to be plugged in o order to take advantage of the CVR function, and keep in mind that the videos can’t be downloaded after, as they can only be viewed from the cloud.
Also, you can use a USB drive that plugs directly into the Arlo Pro Base station for local storage. However, keep in mind that local storage can not be used on its own. You can also use it as a backup; all your footage from cloud storage will be duplicated and saved to your local USB drive.
- 100% Wireless Camera - Free of power cords and wiring hassles. Operating temperature 32 degree to 122 degree Fahrenheit. Wireless range- 300+ feet line of sight.Focus range (ST)- Fixed focus (2 ft to infinity)
- 1080p HD Wireless security camera system with night vision - High quality video with sharper and brighter details. Night Vision turns on automatically in low light so you can see clearly, even in the dark. Night vision : 850 nm LEDs: illuminates up to 25 feet. IR cut-off filter
- Flexible Powering Options – Use wire-free, plugged in. Rechargeable battery. Night vision : 850 nm LEDs: illuminates up to 25 feet. IR cut-off filter
- Weather-resistant - Arlo Pro cameras are weather-resistant so you can place them indoor or outdoor
- 7 Days of Free Cloud Recordings - Arlo Pro comes with recurring 7-day free cloud recordings. Live stream or view recorded video and audio for up to 7 days
Last update on 2023-09-16 at 15:55 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Nest Cam Indoor
CVR Type: Cloud Only
With Nest Cam Indoor, you’ll need to opt for the Nest Aware subscription in order to use the CVR function.
There are three plans available, 5-day which comes to $5 monthly, 10-day at $10 per month, and 30-day which comes to $30 per month.
Additionally, with Nest Aware you also have the ability to look through the entire video history, as well as get activity alerts too.
- 24/7 live stream video in full 1080p HD over Wi-Fi. Check in from anywhere at anytime. Send clips to family or friends in 1920x1080 resolution.
- Night vision featuring 8 high-power infrared LEDs provide light for clear video in the darkest conditions.
- Mobile alerts and notifications let you know as soon as your camera spots activity. Take action or save the event for sharing later. 3-hour snapshot history makes sure you don't miss a thing.
- Industry-leading security means that your video feed and information is well protected. Enable two-factor authentication and take your account protection to the next level.
- Free trial of Nest Aware for 30-days. Experience 10-day video history intelligent alerts and activity zones. Keep the service starting at $6 per month for your Nest devices after the trial ends.
Last update on 2023-09-22 at 12:36 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
CVR Type: Local & Cloud
Wyze Cam is a little different as it allows you to use the CVR feature via a Class 10 SD card.
The downside to this is that the SD card can fill up pretty quickly, as with HD footage the average SD card can fill up in just a few days.
Luckily, Wyze Cam is smart enough to replace the old footage with new when the storage gets too full, but keep in mind that it might cause you to miss out on some footage unless replaced frequently.
- Live Stream from Anywhere in 1080p -1080p Full HD live streaming lets you see inside your home from anywhere in real time using your mobile device. While live streaming, use two-way audio to speak with your friends and family through the Wyze app.
- Motion/Sound Recording with Free Cloud Storage - Wyze Cam can automatically record a 12-second video clip when motion or sound is detected and saves that video to the cloud for 14-days, for free. Mobile push notifications can be enabled so you’re only alerted when something is detected letting you stay on top of things without having to constantly monitor the app. Or, record continuously to a MicroSD card (sold separately) regardless of motion and sound. Compatible with 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB FAT32 MicroSD cards.
- See in the dark - Night vision lets you see up to 30’ in absolute darkness using 4 infrared (IR) LEDs. Note: IR does not work through glass windows.
- Voice Controlled? You got it! - Works with Alexa and Google Assistant (US only) so you can use your voice to see who’s at your front door, how your baby’s doing, or if your 3D printer has finished printing. Wyze Cam is only compatible with the 2. 4GHz WiFi network (does not support 5GHz Wi-Fi) and Apple (iOS) and Android mobile devices.
- Share with those who care - One Wyze Cam can be shared with multiple family members so everyone can have access to its live stream and video recordings. Just have your family members download the Wyze app and invite them to your account. Camera sharing can also be easily removed.
Last update on 2023-09-22 at 17:44 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Arlo Q Plus
CVR Type: Local & Cloud
Arlo Q Plus offers the same CVR set up as Arlo Pro 2, the only difference lies between the cameras themselves, such as the design and specifications.
So like before, you have the option for 14 or 30 days worth of storage, costing $11.99 or $23.99 per camera.
You can also use a microSD card for local storage, however, it’ll only duplicate cloud storage and won’t work on its own.
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately).
- 1080p HD resolution Live stream sharp HD resolution from anywhere using your smartphone, tablet, or computer.Night vision:850 nm LEDs: illuminates up to 25 feet
- Enhanced night vision capability lets you see clearly even in total darkness; Wide angle 130° lens makes sure you will see and get alerted whenever something moves or makes a sound.
- Flexible setup options w/ local storage Connect the camera with WiFi, Ethernet, or PoE and use local recording in case of Internet interruptions
- 2 Way Audio Built in mic and speaker enable push to talk capability, so you can listen in and talk back
Last update on 2023-09-22 at 18:00 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API